Videotaping Production Guidelines
In order to receive optimum benefits for use of campus or classroom shoots, instructors and students should follow these procedures:
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION: Please fill out a Videotaping and Editing Services request form in E-101 or online at least ten days in advance, specifying your requirements. A signed copy will be returned to you as confirmation. If you must cancel your taping session, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance.
PLANNING MEETING: Please schedule an appointment with a Media Services technician at least three days prior to your taping, so we can jointly discuss your objectives and our procedures in meeting them.
REMOTE TAPING: Prior to a classroom taping, the instructor and technician should discuss the following:
- Lighting - Natural or artificial?
- Sound pickup -- Which microphone will reproduce the desired effect?
- Talent -- Are students, instructors, performers and guests all aware they will be taped?
- Safety -- Is everyone aware of the need to follow all safety precautions indicated by the technician?
- Only projects directly related to LaGuardia Community College - no work of a personal nature - will be accepted.
- A work order (available in E-101), indicating the scope and purpose of the project, dates and times, must be submitted one week in advance of use. A signed copy will be returned to the requester as confirmation.
- All recording stock, such as blank discs and tapes, must be supplied or purchased by the requester. Supplied stock must be returned to Media Services after use.
- A Media Services technician will be assigned to each project and will supervise individuals during use of editing facilities. A planning session should be arranged with the technician prior to beginning work.
- Finished programs may include the following:
- color bars and tone
- countdown with slate (master copy only):
- Running Time:
- title and program
- closing credits:
- facility's title as follows:
Library Media Resources Center
LaGuardia Community College/CUNY
31-10 Thomson Avenue, E-101
Long Island City, NY 11101
Copyright © Year, LaGuardia Community College/CUNY
- A copy of the edited master, duplicated by Media Services, must be deposited in the Library's collection of in-house productions on completion of the project.
- Finished tapes may not be sold, broadcast, cablecast, or duplicated without prior written permission of Media Services and LaGuardia Community College.