Programs & Workshops
Short Takes on Literature
FALL 1 2014
Animal Tales & Human Acts. Humor, confusion and compassion explored in a series of short stories about people, pets and prey.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx: The Essential Groucho: Writings For By and About Groucho Marx
Join us from 2:30 to 4:30 in the Library Conference Room. All are welcome!
Wednesday, October 22:
Thursday, November 6:
Thursday, November 13:
Thursday, November 20:
- Reese Okyong Kwon. Legends of the Seoul Dogs. Southern Review 48.1(2012) (student access Masterfile Premier)
- H.H. Munro (Saki). The She Wolf & Laura. Project Gutenberg .
Access to stories at the Library Reference Desk. Stories available a week before each session.
REMEMBER THERE ARE REWARDS FOR STUDENTS who attend 3 or more sessions:
- A reward of a collection of short stories at end of the semester series.
- All students who attend 2 session or more receive a certificate of participation
- Everyone receives access to great stories and discussions
- Everyone who attends has “access “ to cookies and other treats
THIS PROGRAM IS SPONSORED BY THE LIBRARY MEDIA RESOURCES CENTER
Programs and Workshops
Explore Career Information in the Library
Library books, ebooks and databases on careers
Come see a demonstration of Ferguson's Career Guidance Center, learn about career and job-related library books, and explore our career guide to library and web resources. This workshop will be offered three times.
- Thursday October 23rd at 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 23rd at 1:00 p.m.
In the library instruction room E101-B