Programs & Workshops
Short Takes on Literature
ALL ARE WELCOME !
Students, faculty and staff and community fans of literature gather for discussions of short stories that will surprise and entertain.
Share good stories light refreshments, conversation and ideas.
Access to story selections will be available approximately one week prior to each session at the Library Reference Desk.
Share short stories by and about Generations of Men from around town and around the world.
Thursdays 2:30-4:30, the Library Conference Room
- Somerset Maugham "Rain."
- Ha Jin. "The House Behind a Weeping Cherry," New Yorker, April 7, 2007.
- Edward P. Jones. "Old Boys, Old Girls" from The CCC Anthology of Contemporary American Fiction and New Yorker, May 3, 2004.
- Graham Greene "The Destructors."
- Sherman Alexie. "Because My Father Always Said He Was The Only Indian Who Saw Jimi Hendrix Play the Star-Spangled Banner At Woodstock" from Blasphemy.
- P. Wodehouse, "The Man Who Disliked Cats" and
"The Man with Two Left Feet."
- Oscar Wilde "The Model Millionaire"
Programs and Workshops
More workshops are on the way!
Watch this space for our upcoming workshops or sign up to be notified by email or RSS.