Select a Style
Note: Used most commonly for Education, Social Science, and Natural & Health Science courses
- Online Sources from the Free web
- Online Sources from Subscription databases
- Government Publications
For complete explanations, refer to the APA Publication Manual:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, D.C.: Author.
- Copies are available at the LaGuardia Reference Desk; and in the Reference Collection, REF BF 76.7 .P83 2010
Please note: Rule numbers in this guide refer to the Publication Manual (6th ed.).
Note: Used for some English and Humanities courses
Go to The Chicago Manual of Style Online Guide
Note: Used most commonly for English and Humanities courses
At the end of your paper, you must provide an alphabetical listing of all the works you have cited in your paper (“Works Cited”). This requirement includes both work you have actually quoted and work you have summarized or paraphrased. The information is arranged alphabetically according to the author's last name or (when there is no author identified) by title.
To start creating your “Works Cited” list, CLICK HERE.
- MLA Handbook. 8th ed., Modern Language Association of America, 2016.
Copies are available in LaGuardia Reference at REF LB2369 .G53 2016; and on Reserve behind the Circulation Desk – request by title
For more information, including sample papers, see also:
- MLA Style Center. Modern Language Association of America, 2016, style.mla.org.
See also video:
- Stedman, Kyle. “Understanding MLA Style: 8th Edition (2016 Updates).” YouTube, 3 June 2016, www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbMfL92b7g. [11.21 minutes]
- Sample Citation (Graphic) (PDF)
- Sample Papers
- Works Cited List & Sample Paper
- Annotated Bibliographies
- Sample Annotated Bibliography (PDF)
- In-Text Citations (Parenthetical Documentation) (PDF)
- Citation Abbreviations (PDF)
- Permalinks (When a DOI is not available, follow these instructions for a permalink (permanent link).)
- Library Policy on Academic Integrity (PDF)