Note: Used most commonly for Education, Social Science, and Natural & Health Science courses
- Online Sources from the Free web
- Online Sources from Subscription databases
- Government Publications
For complete explanations, refer to the APA Publication Manual:
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, D.C.: Author.
- Copies are available at the LaGuardia Reference Desk; and in the Reference Collection, REF BF 76.7 .P83 2010
Please note: Rule numbers in this guide refer to the Publication Manual (6th ed.).
- Printable version of entire guide (PDF)
- Basic Rules for In-Text and Parenthetical Citations (PDF)
- Parenthetical Citation Chart (PDF)
- Basic Rules for APA “References” List (PDF)
- Sample APA Papers and Reference Lists (PDF)
- Sample “References” (PDF)
- Library Policy on Academic Integrity (PDF)
How to Create Flawless Citations