Starting September 2021, the Library Department will offer limited in-person services, including access to our physical collections:
- Ask a Librarian
- Circulation (Borrow/Return Books)
- Library Instruction
- Media (DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks)
- Work Space (Computers and Printers)
Ask a Librarian
- Drop-off/pick-up services for Circulating Books (not Reserves) are available Monday-Friday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Place your requests in OneSearch. This video will walk you through the request process.
- You will receive an email when the book(s) is available for pick-up, typically within 48 hours.
- Materials can be picked up at the Library entrance.
- If you cannot pick up during the Library’s limited hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have trouble making a request, please email email@example.com us or ask a librarian for help in a chat session.
Upon request, you can receive electronic scans of select chapters of textbooks remotely. Please contact a librarian via chat to submit a request. If chat is not available, email a librarian (make sure to have your name, EMPLID, email address, and details about the book and the chapter you need in the email).
Library instruction will remain online (synchronous and asynchronous). Requests for in-person instruction will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
You can borrow the following media items:
- Videos (DVDs)
- Compact Discs (CDs)
- Audiobooks (PAs)
To search for a media item, search OneSearch and limit the Location option in the left navigation to Media.
To schedule an appointment to check out or return items Monday-Friday (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-482-5431.
Work Space (Computers and Printers)
The Library’s first floor and mezzanine won’t be open to the public in September, but the second-floor Courtyard Reading Room in E-201 is available as an IT Lab and work space for LaGuardia students and employees only. No reservations required. The Room is on the second floor of the Library. However, it cannot be accessed through the main entrance to the Library on the first floor. To access the Courtyard Reading Room in E-201, which is directly above the first floor of the Library, use the staircases adjacent to the E-Atrium or use the elevator near E-111. Computers and printers are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.