Information for Faculty
The library instruction program at LaGuardia teaches course-specific information literacy and critical thinking skills. Each English 101 and 103 section and all First Year Seminar classes are required to receive a one-hour library instruction session (or online equivalent). But faculty are welcome to schedule library instruction for any class. We require at least one-week notice for non-required sessions. Please email email@example.com with questions and inquiries and fill out the library instruction form below.
Get the most out of Library Instruction
- Prep students about the importance of library skills to their research;
- Consider how the library can best support students’ research needs;
- Correspond with the librarian who will teach your class to discuss your assignment/project so that the presentation will be tailor-made for the specific needs of your class.
- First Year Seminar instructions please consult the library’s FYS curriculum for your course.
- English 101 Instructors please look at the Instruction Menu for ENG101.
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Ian McDermott
Coordinator of Library Instruction
Professor Charles Keyes